How to reupholster dining chairs
Dining chairs – How to reupholster chairs in the dining room. Change the entire look of your dining room in one afternoon! Reupholster the chairs in the dining room is one of the most basic requirements; all it takes is to have vision and a stapler.
Calculate the required amount of tissue
- Measure the surface of the dining chairs seat (and back if you need reupholstering too), from side to side and backwards.
- Add 12 inches to each measurement. For example, 45 becomes 57 x 50 x 62.
- Tell your chairs.
- Determine the exact width of the fabric. Most tissues are 90 or 115 cm wide, but many upholstery fabrics are 140 or 152 cm wide.
- Calculate how many pieces you can put side by side (at 140 cm fabric you can put two pieces of 66 cm), making sure to include the style of the fabric in the account.
- Calculate the length of the nearest vertical extent (up and down).
- Multiply that by the number of dining chairs you have and how many pieces you need. For example, if you have 6 chairs and is only re-quilting seats and two pieces fit together side by side on your fabric, take a vertical measurement and multiply by 3 to get the total length needed .