How to measure pleated curtains parts
Pleated curtains – New curtains for windows can make you spend a lot of money. To save often need to compromise on color or style. Why not make a custom curtain that matches the size of the windows and is built to the standard you want? Pleated curtains paper can be made by adjusting to match the size and shape of the window. They will look great in the window, adding color and texture to the space.
The hardest part of making pleated curtains parts is probably the measurement. Much fabric is needed to completely cover the window and make the folds. They use more fabric than an inexperienced seamstress can imagine, then measure correctly determine the amount of fabric you need.
- Install the support rods curtains.
- Measure from the top of the curtain rod down to the final desired length. Add 20 cm their measurement to allow the sheath overlaps the top of the curtain rod and slightly to straighten the edges of the curtain if necessary.
- Measure the width of the window, including the frame.
- Duplicate measurements and add 15 cm to form the pleats and side pockets. That is the full extent necessary fabric in centimeters.
- Buy the same quantity of liner for the curtain, in the same way as was done with the fabric.
- To find out how much ribbon ruffle required to collect the pleated curtains, fold the width of the entire window and add 10 cm.